- Julien Rivoire, member of the French Climate Coalition 21 & Alter Summit
- Daniel Tanuro, specialist on Ecological Politics
- Annabella Rosemberg, Environment & occupational health officer at ITUC
EventsBACK TO OVERVIEW
05 March 2015
Alter Summit Assembly: Climate, TTIP, Greece and austerity
On 5th and 6th of March, Alter Summit will organize its next assembly. We will talk about Climate and TTIP mobilizations, and of course about the situation in Greece and the resistances against austerity in Europe. Welcome!
Alter Summit Assembly - 5th & 6th of March 2015 - Program
Rue Watteeu 2, 1000 Bruxelles
Thursday March 5
10:00 – 10:30 : Introduction
10:30 – 13:30 : Climate issues in 2015
In 2015, different mobilizations are planned in Europe on climate issues. They will culminate in Paris in November and December around the COP21 Conference.
How Alter Summit, and more widely the social movement, can seize this theme and contribute to the success of these mobilizations ? The discussion will also address the social issues behing the climate change.
14:30 – 17:30 : TTIP in 2015
2015 will be a crucial year for TTIP. Its supporters want to accelerate the negociations while resistance is growing in Europe. We will address during the discussion the challenges for the social movement, specially the international day of action on 18th of April and the balance of power within the European Parliament.
- Bruno Poncelet, animator of the Plateform No Transat
- John Hillary, War on Want, specialist on TTIP and the links with the social and trade union movement
- Philippe Lamberts, MEP Green group, very active in trade and fiscality issues
More information here: