EventsBACK TO OVERVIEW
19 May 2014
Trade Justice and TTIP: meet your MEPs
Come and meet your MEP candidates and question them on their commitment to trade justice.
• Jean Lambert, Green Party
• Jonathan Fryer, Liberal Democrats
• Seb Dance, Labour Party
• Glyn Chambers, Conservative Party
• Tbc, UKIP (invited)
Chair: John Hilary, Executive Director, War on Want
On Thursday 22nd May, we will be voting for candidates to represent us in the European Parliament. Europe takes decisions on important global issues, including trade.
A major trade deal - the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) - is currently being negotiated between the USA and the EU. New corporate trade deals like this threaten to increase global inequality, undermine democracy and hand public service provision to multinational companies.
• What effect will this deal have on our lives here in the UK?
• How can we ensure that this deal prioritises human rights, environmental protection and labour standards?
• How can we ensure transparency and accountability in the negotiation of these deals?
Meet your European Parliamentary election candidates and hear what they have to say on these issues and what they will do to address them, if elected on 22 May.
Visit the event page.