EventsBACK TO OVERVIEW
10 December 2014
Join us for #FoodTradeFail!
3:00–4:30 p.m. EST / 2:00–3:30 p.m. CST Wednesday, December 10
Two trade agreements are set to threaten years of work supporting family farmers, good food and building a more just food system in favor of corporate profits. As negotiations continue in secret and the President seeks to secure Fast Track authority to avoid working with Congress, it is essential that those who care about our food system weigh in. What do those interested in fighting for a better food and farm system need to know to influence the debate? Join us on Twitter for #FoodTradeFail, a discussion with the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP) and a host of other experts and organizations to get your questions answered.
- What are the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)?
- What is Fast Track?
- Why are these trade agreements a threat to local food, food safety and our democracy?
- How can you get involved?
Trade should serve people, not corporations. Join us to learn more, get involved and help prevent the #FoodTradeFail.
#FoodTradeFail Wednesday, December 10 3:00–4:30 p.m. EST / 2:00–3:30 p.m. CST
Follow @IATP and these organizations on Twitter to join the conversation and stay informed! See the entire list on Twitter or follow individual accounts below:
- Animal Welfare Approved – @AWAapproved
- Farm Aid – @farmaid
- Food & Water Watch – @foodandwater
- Friends of the Earth – @foe_us
- EcoCentric Blog – @EcoCentered
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy – @iatp
- Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement – @iowacci
- Land Stewardship Project – @LSPnow
- Missouri Rural Crisis Center – @morural
- Socially Responsible Agriculture Project – @SRAProject
- Sustainable Table – @eatsustainable
Western Organization of Resource Councils – @worcaction