EventsBACK TO OVERVIEW
16 July 2014
Attend the stakeholder events, July 16, Brussels
From the European Commission:
On Wednesday 16th July 2014, during the sixth round of the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) negotiations, taking place in Brussels from 14th-18th July 2014, the Directorate General for Trade of the European Commission will organise two stakeholder engagement events.
1. Stakeholder presentations event
From 11:00 to 14:00, stakeholders wishing to make short presentations (5 minutes) on a topic related to the TTIP negotiations will have the opportunity to explain their views to EU and US negotiators as well as to other interested stakeholders. In order to facilitate engagement with the relevant negotiators, presentations will take place simultaneously in four rooms grouped as following:
- Issues related to manufacturing including horizontal regulatory coherence, technical barriers to trade (TBT), specific sectors, energy and raw materials
- Issues related to agriculture including agricultural market access, other related regulatory issues and Geographical Indications
- Issues related to services, investment and public procurement
- Issues related to rules – sustainable development, customs and trade facilitation, competition & state-owned enterprises (SOEs), small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
2. Chief negotiators’ briefing to stakeholders
From 15:30-17:00, stakeholders will be briefed in detail by the EU and US chief negotiators on the status of the negotiations and will have the opportunity to exchange views with them.
Venue: Management Centre Europe, Rue de l’Aqueduc 118, 1050 Brussels
Date: Wednesday 16th July
• 11:00 to 14:00: Stakeholder presentations event
• 15:30 to 17:00: Chief negotiators' briefing to stakeholders
Who can attend these events?
Non-governmental organisations, consumers’ associations, workers/trade unions, professional organisations, industry and business associations, companies and other civil society organisations from either the European Union or the United States*.
Press is also invited to attend the stakeholder presentations event on a background basis only.
To register, please complete the on-line form (one form per participant, maximum two per organisation). Registration is on a first come, first served basis. The registration deadline is Friday 4th July 12:00 CET.
Confirmation of registration: soon after the close of registration, participants will receive a confirmation email with joining instructions. Presenters will also receive detailed information on the schedule and suggested format for presentations.
Access to the venue will only be possible for registered participants. Any change of name should be communicated no later than 14th July at 17:00 CET
For further information on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, visit theTTIP website or follow us on Twitter.
* Representatives of EU Member States and the European Parliament are not eligible to attend, as they are kept informed about the negotiations via existing institutional arrangements in accordance with Article 218 of the Treaties.