EventsBACK TO OVERVIEW
02 March 2015
TTIP: Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) in EU law and International Law
This event further deepens the discussions started during the joint JURI/INTA hearing on TTIP: Regulatory Aspects and Investor to State Dispute Settlement and Arbitration, held on the 27th of January.
The event takes place on Monday, 2nd of March, from 15:00 – 17:00 in the EP, Brussels, room PHS 4B001.
Confirmed speakers include
· Prof. Martti Koskenniemi (University of Helsinki, British Academy and Institut de droit international)
· Prof. Harm Schepel (University of Kent, Brussels School of International Studies)
· Mr. Colin Brown (Deputy Head of Unit – Dispute Settlement and Legal Aspects of Trade Policy, DG Trade, European Commission)
The event will discuss about the topics such as
· ISDS's relation to EU law and international law
· Investment law as a branch of international law
· What limits does the European Court of Justice set to the ISDS?
· Case law of the investment tribunals
Live stream also available here starting at 15.00 (GMT+1)
More info on the event here